Here are some of the questions from the hunt, most of them are questions you have to see the signboard to know the answer.. you'll know what I mean..
1. It's good without a letter
"It's good" is the definition of the answer, meaning something that's good, great, hebat(the hunt also incorporated answers in bm) bagus etc.
"Without a letter" in this case means without the letter "a"
Answer : Baagus (Kota Damansara) - when you drop the letter a in baagus you get bagus, which is something good.
2. Resists awkwardly but relatively to groom you
Awkwardly is an anagram prompter, telling you to anagram the word "resists" and when you anagram resists you get "sisters"
"relatively to groom you" means that it's a hair saloon
Answer : Sisters saloon
3. The Sun has a lot of meaningful events initially. Trust you enjoyed this one
immensely.
First line, keyword is initially. In crossword, words like initially, firstly, means that you take the first letter of each word in the sentence. In this sentence, you get Sun Has A Lot Of Meaningful Events.. or Shalome, in Taman tun, I think along the Pizza Hut row, there's a shop named Shalome. I know what you're thinking, "The" in this case doesn't play a role, it's just to make the sentence nicer.. hehe
Answer : Shalome
4. Vessel for eight needed to conclude a familiar structure
Vessel could mean many things and we're allowed to bring dictionaries during a hunt. In this case a vessel for eight is an "ark" for eight, I'm not sure why eight, but I think it has something to do with an arc that holds 8 people. "To conclude a familiar structure" is the definition, which means when you put the word "ark" at the end of this word, you get something that means a familiar structure.
There's this signboard that has "L&M" on it.. ink about it before you continue reading.. because & is also "and" when you put it together and spell it out, you get L-and-M.. from the question, put "ark" at the end you get "Landmark" which is a familiar structure.
One of my favourite questions throughout the hunt even though I didn't get it..
Here's a treasure for you to ponder :
From one whose symbol is as Beijing's arena
Is a drink that hides the neice's face for sure
This 300ml can, please bring one to the end
This deep chill sensation I look forward to my friend.
First line : Beijing's arena = bird's nest
Second line : hides the "neice's face", anagram neice's face you get Nescafe Ice (hides is an anagram prompter)
Fourth Line : "Deep chill sensation" - another hint for Ice
Bird's nest is also the symbol for Nestle
Answer : Nestle's Nescafe Ice
Treasure means that at the end of the hunt, we submit a 300ml can of Nestle's Nescafe Ice together with the answer sheet.
Hope you understood what I've typed
If you want to try your luck, the Star newspaper has solvable crosswords in them every weekday.. by solvable I mean me onle able to answer 1 or 2 questions per day.. hehe
take care
Shamus
5 in Scaby
ShamusCalvinArthurBobYao
Where it's lame with 2 feet and exam papers are not hard but soft and easily torn
Where it's lame with 2 feet and exam papers are not hard but soft and easily torn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment