Before that, just to let u know, there seem to be 4 Pondicherry-s in India, all in different states. Hence these also have another name. Ours is Puducherry. In Tamil Nadu.
Erm...I'll have to start my story how we went to the bus station at 3am. Yes, I'm not wrong. 3am. Reached there 3.30am. It was a pleasant surprise for me when I reached there. Because after all I've seen in Salem, I certainly didn't expect the public bus station to look like something like an airport. Its like the old Subang airport. I was like, stunned. For ur information, we didn't have any plans other than to find a bus. I've tried the travel agency in Chennai, looking for a bus to Pondi, then I've even considered taxi all the way to Pondi from Chennai, but the price was exhorbitant! So we were without plans, no prior arrangement, no booking. All we had in mind was to find a bus. N if need be, wait for it till we have place. Seeing the condition of the station, my hoipes were raised. Maybe we could travel comfortably after all... I wasn't looking forward to sitting on a rickety bus. But then the bus was still an old bus. Haiz...wat to do. Slight disappointment there. Anyway, its only 55rp. 20 times cheaper than taking a cab. N it was comfortable enough. So no complains.
Slept most the journey, but still managed to wake up to find this!
We arrived at our guesthouse around 8.30am. Its called the Tamarind House. Its a guesthouse managed by an artist. His name's Manoj. He was a great host. But the house wasn't much to look at. Just imagine a whole shoplots, n we live in one of the rooms upstairs. But the house was filled with his art. N it was an eye opening eperience, if nothing else.
Er, I meant, dead tired.
After breakfast, we went strolling...
Anyway, from what I picked up, Pondi town can be labelled as the french quarters, christian parts, muslim parts, n the ashwan part.
(Dun ask me wat ashwan is. I'm about as clueless as u are...)
Anyway, we got tired after that. So we got ourselves some wheels! Muahahaha! Salty wind in our faces as we speed down the beach. Ahh...enjoyment.
We cycled. Did u think we were getting something else?
N so we spend our 1st day going around town. N getting a sore butt at the end of day 1. Oh, buffet was nice. Still is. I think India better note Malaysian's draw to unlimited food at a fixed price. I can almost swear that the 2 hotel restaurant we went to in 2 days suffer losses just because we went in...
Day 2. We went to Auroville. Its sort of a tourist attraction in Pondi. 1 hour in the rickety auto, n finally we're there. Ok, let me explain the Auroville spirit. It was founded by Sir Aurobindo n Mother. (I forgot Mother's name...) Apparently it was based on a very nice concept. A place where spirituality is the most important. To find your inner peace. To hear the inner calling. Then to create a community of peace where regardless of no religion or rank exist. Where everything done is done for the community. Where money does not take priority. Instead, the art, the spirit that went into the art is important. To create a place where children study for the sake to learn, not for exam. The list of wishes goes on n on n on... now my fingers ache already. If u wanna know the whole thing, better come urself. The main attraction was Sir Aurobindo's grave, n the Matrimondy.
A model of the matrimondy.
The place in Matrimondy meant for enlightenment.
Hey, it was grreat!
well, like brain.
We left for Salem after 2 days there. had fun, gained weight, n got sore butts!
The end.
-Calvin-
No comments:
Post a Comment