5 in Scaby

ShamusCalvinArthurBobYao

Where it's lame with 2 feet and exam papers are not hard but soft and easily torn

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Agra

Hello, hello. Its been a while since I wrote anything, well, I think I owe u guys something. So juz to let u guys know, I went to a trip on the 21st-28th of August 2009 to North India. More specifically, Agra-Jaipur-Delhi. The Golden Triangle, as the travel agency call it. There was 6 of us, and we left via Coimbatore, transit at Hyderabad, then finally arrived Delhi. Form there, its a 4-5 hours trip by car to Agra. N the weather was so 'great'. It rained cats and dogs. Really swell... By the time we reached Agra, it was 10pm alredi. So there was only one thing left to do. Visit PIZZA HUT! (hey, I'm hungry from the trip, k?) Then only sleep. ;)

We woke up early at 6.30, and went to the Taj without breakfast! It was crazy, waking up so early during travels. Heck, I dun even wake up at that hour for class!


Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you---Taj Mahal.


From left: Si Jie, Wye Luun, Khai Ling, Me, Jane, Li Herng


The Taj's main entrance. Can u see the intricate designs on the wall?

Perhaps these will help... ;P
Red: Ruby
Yellow: Tiger Eye
Green: Emerald
Black: Stone from Belgium, not sure what mineral they used...besides, its only used for the Islamic inscription on the Taj's wall at the entrance.

This is Taj from its sides...

This is the North gate of Taj that ur seeing, note the symmetry of the fountains on the dried-up pool...they say that the pool will only be filled if VIP comes. People like us do not get such treatments... >.<

The Taj was pretty impressive. Its made of white marble, with precious stones embedded in the intricate carvings that is present on its walls. But I think due to the environment, its did not shine as much as I had hoped...Oh well, that's all from Taj anyway. Personally, I was disappointed. I expected so much more from Taj, not sure what I expected, but it was rather a let down. Well, at least I saw one of the seven wonders, so that counts as something, at least...
U guys know of the story for the Taj right? If ur still unsure, pls juz wiki it. I'm too lazy to give u guys a history lesson here.

Btw, fyi, there is a river that runs behind Taj known as the Jamuna river. Oh, one more thing, the four pillars surrounding Taj, they say that it is slanted 5 degrees outwards, to prevent the tower from collapsing inward unto the Taj if there was an earthquake.



We went to the Agra Fort, its juz a place where the Agra king once stayed. But its pretty empty, and due to the lack of preservation maybe, or destruction by invation, there was nothing much to see... All I could get was the Taj from the fort. Its juz opposite.

That's the highlight of Agra. Nothing else. I'll post up Jaipur later.

-Calvin-

No comments: