16th October, Thursday, got up early since class started at 8 am, left the house at 6:30am. It's unfeasibly early but it's worth it since the road in front of my college jams up at 7am. Reach college at 6:50am and since I was early I thought 'd try my luck with reverse parking. I've done this many times before, that morning didn't seem any different from the rest.While reversing, I felt the car starting to slide back, remembering that there was a ditch/trench/lubang behind me, I applied the brakes.The Avanza now hanging a hair's breath from going in. The correct thing to do at that point would have been to apply the handbrakes, press the accelerator and move forward, but panicked as I was, that idea didn't occur to me. At that point of time I thought that the movement of my leg from the brakes to the accelerator pedal would be faster than gravity pulling the car back into the ditch, but it wasn't, before my leg even reach the oil pedal, the car was already on it's way in. The ditch was half a meter wide, about knee deep. Since it rained the night before, water level left the tire half submerged in water. The exhaust pipe sounded like a motorboat with all the water. I locked the car and left for college. To get the car out, managed to gater up a small army, interestingly enough, they all had different nationalities. 6 of us all together, 1 Sri Lankan, 1 Indonesian, 1 from China(Guangzhoe), another from east Malaysia, one local and yours truly. 3 K pohs followed(girls) to take pictures.. It was only at 3 pm that we decided to get the car out. Not surprisingly, the army was laughing with knees bent when they saw the car.. Have a look


Here's the army, I forgot to mention, the 2 parking guys joined in. I suspect they waited for me till 3pm cause the following day when I left at 3 pm they were no where to be found..

From the left: Frederick(east Malaysia), Joshua (China) and Bryan(local)


Here's everyone figuring out how to get the car out..

The smirks on their faces is from the after math of laughing.. hehe, Bobby(Indonesian) in blue, behind me is Muhu(Sri Lankan)
I have a few more pictures but it takes donkey years to load.. hope you enjoyed the pictures.. Btw, it took half an hour to get the car out.. Everyone that helped either changed shoes or pants or had muddy shoes the following day. The following day, most of the army asked me if I had driven into another ditch and till now have been asking me where I parked my car, haha, overall it was surprisingly fun, not that I would drive my car into a ditch anytime soon.. haha, till today, the tire marks and flattened grass is still noticable.. I'm still abit phobic when it comes to reversing, still feel like the car's going into another ditch.. haha
take care
SLMS
No comments:
Post a Comment